Schlumberger Control & Instrumentation Engineer in Lagos, Nigeria
Control & Instrumentation Engineer
Location: Lagos - Nigeria
The Control and Instrumentation (CI) Engineer shall manage all the CI engineering activities and deliverables for Anyala & Madu Project including CI interfacing between the FPSO and platform. The engineer will be responsible for ensuring that the whole control system operates seamlessly as one coherent system. This includes the FPSO, CSPs (Conductor Supported Platforms), FPSO flexibles, in field pipelines and the link to shore. The engineer shall participate in all phases of the project including, concept selection, FEED and project execution to ensure the technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget and schedule and to the required quality standards.
The position is based in Nigeria and it is expected that the duration of the project will be 3 years. The engineer will be expected to travel to locations where equipment is being manufactured such as, but not limited to the UK, US, Singapore, Dubai and Nigeria including periods offshore during hook up and commissioning. Reports to Head of Engineering and Project Services.
The function of this role is to manage, oversee and review the Project process control, instrumentation design, engineering, installation and commissioning of all integrated and standalone control systems (e.g. SCADA, PLC, DCS, Delta V etc.). This will include reviewing and approving EPC Contractor instrumentation deliverables, monitoring progress, problem solving and driving the control system safety to best in class.
- Manage engineering participation in the development and analysis of various design options, providing input and expertise to influence equipment design optimisation and validation.
- Co-ordinate technical reviews and analysis during vendor participation, bid evaluation, and performance evaluation.
- Execute, with assigned resources, technical work for FEED and Detailed Designs (designs, specifications, drawings, etc.) ensuring compliance with specification, relevant codes and standards.
- Ensure the quality of technical work and the technical integrity, constructability, functionality, safe operation and reliability of designs.
Carry out appropriate discipline and inter discipline checks and reviews of engineering and design work to ensure design integrity and operability
Remain engaged in design issues and decisions throughout construction, commissioning and start-up.
- Capture and apply internal and external learnings, including HSE improvements.
- Contribute to excellent HSE performance throughout the engineering phase of the project life cycle
- Comply with Schlumberger’s Health, Safety and Environment Policies and Standards
Qualifications, Experience, Behavioural:
- Engineering degree - Instrumentation, Control or equivalent
- Able to demonstrate a minimum of 10 years’ upstream oil and gas experience with an emphasis on offshore projects
- Knowledge of analytical techniques required for process control and instrumentation design
- Chartered Instrument and Control engineer
- Experience as a Technical Authority or equivalent, preferably having worked for an operator.
Professional membership preferred and international exposure a plus.
Self-starter and self-motivated person who can demonstrate use of initiative
- Flexible and adaptive approach to work
- Able to communicate articulately and persuasively
Driven, take ownership of issues and drive them to completion
Able to work unsupervised or as part of a team, which might include the supervision and management of team members and/or contractors
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to manage a multinational workgroup
- Excellent communications skills.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.